Monday, January 8, 2024

Pushed to Obedience

There have been several times in my prayer life when God has pushed me to obedience and I have been blown away by his response. As I was praying into the word “push” this morning He reminded me of the time He pushed me to growl in church. As an extreme introvert, I can tell you that was no easy task. I was on the floor in front of the alter praying, when I heard God say “I need you to roar and bring my people to the river of living water.” The worship band was playing a song about living water. As I wrestled with God the song came to an end and I thought I was off the hook, too late. Then they started playing the next song about coming to the river. I remember taking a deep breath and saying “ok.” As I sat there on my knees, I practiced what it might look like, “quietly” roaring. I sounded a lot like a sick kitten. That’s when I told God I was willing to roar, but I didn’t know how. He was going to have to help if He really wanted me to roar. That’s when my stomach started churning, like a raging fire had been lit inside my belly. I actually thought I was going to be sick. As the fire intensified, I said “ok” again and opened my mouth. Up from the deepest parts of my soul came a revibrating roar. A wave of power came out of my mouth, bounced off the wall at the front of the church and hit me on the way out to the congregation. That was a turning point in our call for revival.

Several times after that during worship we were asked to roar and call out for revival, but it was not the same. In all of my experiences being “pushed” I can say honestly, I was willing to take the first step of obedience, but God was never expecting me to act completely on my own. This journey is meant to be lived hand-in-hand with God. Jesus made that possible. The creator of all has a plan that includes us, but it is His plan and requires His touch. Had I roared in my own ability, that sick little kitten would have just sounded a little louder and nothing would have changed. True change only happens in the authority and power of the one true God. We are called to be His hands, feet, heart, and mouth. Come in obedience today, but allow God to move through you so that what happens from your “ok” makes a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment